iPhone / iPad / iPod Setup
When you enable your device with ActiveSync for the first time:
- It will wipe your existing contact and calendar data and replace it with your Nology email data. Therefore, be sure you have a complete backup of your device before synchronizing for the first time. Consult your device’s manual for instructions on how to back up your device.
- All first-time syncs with ActiveSync will be a one-way sync from the server to the device. All subsequent synchronizations will be two-way.
1. Touch Settings.
2. Touch Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Touch Add Account.
4. Touch Microsoft Exchange.
5. Fill in the following fields in the Account Setup dialog:
- Email: Your full Email address (example: email@example.com).
- Domain: Leave this blank
- Username: Your Email address
- Password: Your Email password.
- Description: You can change the description if desired.
- Server: mail1.mynology.com or mail2.mynology.com If you dont know which one to use, please contact Nology.
6. Touch Next.
7. The Account Setup dialog will remain on the screen, but the Server field will now become active. Fill in your server name (example: mail.example.com).
8. Touch Next.
9. If you have an SSL certificate:
- Notice the ‘Cannot Verify Server Identity‘ error and Touch Continue.
10. If you are not using SSL (disabling will be required in a later step):
- You will receive an error ‘Unable to verify account information‘.
- Touch OK to remove the error message.
- Touch Save.
11. Touch Save.
12. Set the Mail, Contacts, and Calendars sliders to ON based on preference.
13. Touch Save.
14. Touch Fetch New Data.
15. Scroll to the bottom and touch Advanced.
16. Touch the account you just added (by default, it’s called Exchange).
17. Touch Push.
18. After completing these steps, you should be able to send and receive emails successfully.
Please be patient. It may take some time to synchronize your account.